Community
Search
Notices
KingTech Turbines International Barry is your host and will help you with all your Kingtech questions and concerns.

GSU works but no data

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 04:13 AM
Vettster

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default GSU works but no data

Hello. I have a new to me turbine that is supposed to have less than 5 min run time. I want to check this but the GSU will turn on and display screens but will not give any info. The Lines are black and show no info. I have sent KT an email explaining this and they replied the same day asking for photos which I sent within 10min. One full day later and still no answer, so I'm posting here.
Also when it attempts to connect to the ECU I get WAITING 1% and does nothing. I see it says lower trim to zero but throttle and trim are down.

I have a 5cell nimh battery powering the Rx with 6.9v and a Life battery showing 9,9v to the turbine. I have not yet "learned" the ECU and am not sure If can with the way things are.
I noticed that these new ones have a "password" would this have anything to do with it.

Photos to follow soon.

Last edited by Vettster; 04-25-2024 at 04:17 AM.
Old 04-25-2024, 04:32 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

What radio are you using? Try reversing the throttle.
Old 04-25-2024, 04:42 AM
Vettster

Thanks Mark. I had not thought of that. Its an older JR12X

I'll give her a go when I get back from the field.
Old 04-27-2024, 12:52 PM
Vettster

I tried reversing the Throttle with no results. I used a NEW model and no results. The home page just keeps saying lower trim to zero and the top right corner says Throttle 100 and will not change.

Very disappointed in KT's complete lack of interest. They still after 4 days have not replied to my email or this thread.
Old 04-28-2024, 07:26 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettster
I tried reversing the Throttle with no results. I used a NEW model and no results. The home page just keeps saying lower trim to zero and the top right corner says Throttle 100 and will not change.

Very disappointed in KT's complete lack of interest. They still after 4 days have not replied to my email or this thread.
Barry is travelling between Taiwan and Japan....for a while, he posted that on FB, Vera probably don't have the answer for you......

To me this appear to have a dead ECU or a DRM no transferring data...I don't the which version you have...but for sure G2 or above because of the screen...

If you have a DRM (versus a ECU outside the motor) Check the cable that they are sitting properly and they have no damage if they were modified (shorten / longer or repaired) then that's your problem
Old 04-28-2024, 12:10 PM
Vettster

Hi Dansy.. Its the G4 model. I feel very confident that the ECU is fine. The guy that sold it to me wanted the plane but not the engine. He sent video of it all working just before sending it to me. He also sent a photo of his identification (police officer) and it was the same ID for payment.

I'm pretty sure that the error is on my side. I will attempt to Learn the ECU this evening(assuming the GSU will let me do that. I thought it would be a very simple thing like the old GSU's were you just turn it on and viola! Not so true with this new stuff I guess.

BTW.. what is DRM
And I don't do FB

Thanks
Old 04-28-2024, 12:16 PM
Dansy

Hi Dansy.. Its the G4 model. I feel very confident that the ECU is fine. The guy that sold it to me wanted the plane but not the engine. He sent video of it all working just before sending it to me. He also sent a photo of his identification (police officer) and it was the same ID for payment.

I'm pretty sure that the error is on my side. I will attempt to Learn the ECU this evening(assuming the GSU will let me do that. I thought it would be a very simple thing like the old GSU's were you just turn it on and viola! Not so true with this new stuff I guess.

BTW.. what is DRM
And I don't do FB

Thanks
It’s normally dead simple….a G4 so the battery has to be connected before starting the RX and of course the TX should be on….

The ECU will try to connect only for a short period, but you didn’t show the first screen…..just the programming and data download….

picture of the first screen would be helpful…
Old 04-28-2024, 12:28 PM
Vettster

Ill get that for you soon enough. Having problems logging into RCU with my phone "OF COURSE!"
So anyways.. at the top right corner it shows throttle at 100% Nothing I do changes this. Hence the need to Learn the ECU I guess.
What is the timer count down for?
Old 04-28-2024, 12:31 PM
Dansy

These are not the start window…..let me take a photos of what you should see when power up at first…

This is what you should be able to see…..anything else doesn’t matter until you go through the RC Learn….

Last edited by Dansy; 04-28-2024 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-28-2024, 01:24 PM
Vettster

Old 04-28-2024, 01:32 PM
Dansy

Ok it’s not getting the ECU the motor and pump is connected right?
Old 04-28-2024, 01:44 PM
Vettster

Originally Posted by Dansy
Ok it’s not getting the ECU the motor and pump is connected right?
It will. Topping up batteries now. Then plugging everything in and going to Learn it. I hope.

I never had the pump plugged in...dint think it would matter.

What is the count down timer for?
Old 04-28-2024, 01:48 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Also double check all cables/connections.
Old 04-28-2024, 01:54 PM
Vettster

I will.

I really do appreciate your help Dansy.

Thank you!
The following users liked this post:
Dansy (04-28-2024)
Old 04-28-2024, 02:50 PM
Dansy

It will. Topping up batteries now. Then plugging everything in and going to Learn it. I hope.

I never had the pump plugged in...dint think it would matter.

What is the count down timer for?
‘That’s the time that the system is searching for all components…..after that it goes offline…..only resetting the Power on the RX will do another try….

‘if you need more help PM and we can go off RCU this is a pain
Old 04-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Vettster

Here's the latest photo. Everything connected. Still not working. ECU has a flashing red light. I checked continuity of the wires running to the turbine/ECU and all is good. Notice the top right corner say throttle 100 but nothing I do changes that. I couldn't Learn the ECU cause the screen to do that is just 2 black lines. At this point I think it obvious that the ecu is not communicating with the Turbine. Very frustrating.

Old 04-28-2024, 03:05 PM
Vettster

I sent you a PM. Don't know if you got it because when i check sent messages it says 0 sent. This site is more screwed up now than my engine.
You can try sending me one
Old 04-28-2024, 06:00 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 81 Likes on 71 Posts

have you tried powering it up with the throttle any where but at low throttle, like maybe mid stick, then lowering and watching the readout
Old 04-29-2024, 07:39 AM
Vettster

PROBLEM SOLVED!

So on my LiFe battery I have a xt60 connector. This means I needed a xt60 to Deans connector which I had in my box from many years ago. I tested the battery voltage and its 10v, I then added the extension and I got 10v. I then added the KT wire and got 1.5v? I then checked the continuity of the KT wire and all is good. So even though the MY deans connector appeared good.. I Dremeled it out and Bam! it worked. I just knew the problem was on my end. I'm a very happy camper now to say the least.

Again special thanks to Dansy for taking the time to help. And thanks for the suggestion mongo.